Friday, 18 September 2015

Feature Friday - Wee Feather Designs

Introducing Wee Feather Designs

What is the background on your business name?
Oh this is tough. Never really thought about why my shop is named Little Feather Designs. It was a name I came up with to describe who I sew for and kind of the image I wanted. I thought of my boys and how they are so much the same but yet so different and when doodling a feather I realized the two sides of a feather were so different but yet they were one. My ship was then indirectly named after them. The trendy and earthy combining and blending patterns and textures to make a piece cohesive. *since the writing of this post my shop name has had to unfortunately change due to someone else having the rights to a similar name. I still wanted to leave what I had written about Little Feather Designs as it still resounds regardless of what my name is. Wanting to keep with my brand and my name I came up with all sorts and landed on Wee Feather Designs which I thought was fitting in keeping with my trendy, whimsical children's label but also invoking my Celtic roots.* 


Where are you located?
I sew out my home out in the beautiful Canadian Shield.  



What do you sell?
I make bibdanas, bunny ear teethers, quilts and apparel ranging from slouchy toques and headbands to harem pants and leggings. All of the pieces I make are used with the highest quality of fabrics I can find. I try to use as much organic fabric as possible and really try to use renewable fibres like bamboo and hemp. 


What made you decide to start selling your product?
I started sewing a lot when I was expecting my first child and was nesting. I really started to realize the stuff that is sold out there and what we are willing to spend our money on just wasn't up to my standards of what I was willing to accept for my kids. It's so disposable and unsafe for us, our children and environment. I knew I couldn't make an impact on a grand scale but I could on a smaller scale. Plus I also had to find a way to help alleviate my fabric spending. Making gifts for family and friends became a little costly so my little sewing business was born.  



What inspires your creations?
My boys inspire me as well as my surroundings of the Canadian Shield and pretty much all that the earth has to offer. I want my pieces to evoke that magical feeling when you were a kid hiking through the forest or splashing in the water. The way plants and bugs look to you when your a child and just the general sense of curiosity that is all around us but kids are the most responsive.  



Any other links or information you'd like to share with my readers?
 


www.instagram.com/weefeatherdesigns

Want to win a $25 (not including shipping) store credit to Wee Feather Designs?
 
**Leave a comment on our blog with your favorite item from Wee Feather Designs.

**Visit Wee Feather Design on Facebook and come back here letting me know you visited.  Telling them you're visiting from Crystal Gayle Photography blog would be appreciated but not required.
 
**Visit Wee Feather Design on Instagram.  Come back here to let me know you visited them.

PLEASE LEAVE A SEPARATE COMMENT FOR EACH VISIT YOU DID AS EACH WILL COUNT TOWARDS ONE ENTRY.

ENTRIES CLOSE SEPTEMBER 24, 2015.  WINNER ANNOUNCED  SEPTEMBER 25, 2015.


16 comments:

ad friesen said...

What a cute shop!
My favorite will have to be the Bandana with the mustaches :)
https://www.etsy.com/listing/239153938

ad friesen said...

Visited her FB page and left a comment linking to Crystal's FB page and mentioned I visited from here :)
Very cute shop!

Kelsey Miller said...

My favorite item would be the bandana bibs. They are super cute.

Kelsey Miller said...

Visited wee feather designs Facebook page and left a comment mentioning I visited from here!

Kelsey Miller said...

Visited their instagram account and started following them :).

Stephanie said...

Added Wee Feather to my Instagram likes :)

Stephanie said...

Love the hooded sweatshirt and the pants with knee patches!

Stephanie said...

Everything on her Facebook page is so cute, love the slouchy toques!

Tara said...

love the slouch hats and legging pants

Tara said...

visited her fb page

Tara said...

visited IG

Jill D said...

Visited :)

Jill D said...

It's the hats and bandanas! All the material is so beautiful.

Miranda L. said...

LOVE the hats, headbands & different pant styles!

Miranda L. said...

I visited on Facebook!

Miranda L. said...

I also visited on Instagram!