Sunday, 10 January 2016

Finishin up Projects

So, this is what my table beside my recliner has looked like lately.  Unfinished projects that slowly are getting somewhere.

So here's what I've had on the hook this winter...

A doll blanket that three girls would like to have.  Thinking I'll have to make two more and then let them figure out who gets which one....or put them in random bags and let them each take one bag and they get what they get.  Was hoping to have them done for Christmas, but when one blanket went wrong, I lost motivation to get them done.

This is the second one.  I had it nearly done and then I realized it was lopsided.  I'm hoping I can maybe just add a few stitches in to get it straighter...straight enough that it won't bother me every time I see it anyways.

I also crocheted a bunch of scarves before Christmas to use up some of my yarn I had lying around.  Hoping to use up a bunch of old stuff so I have an excuse to buy more.  Not sure what I'd like to all crochet, but I do have my eyes on a few patterns.  So I'm trying to be good and not buy any more yarn without knowing what I'm going to make.  

 Thanks to my friend Audrey for the beautiful button on this one!  I really love those unique wooden buttons you ordered!

 Infinity scarf in brown.

Infinity scarf in green.

Infinity scarf in blues and browns.

Here's a new hat pattern I found.  Saw it, loved it, and had to try it.  It was quite confusing at first, but after reading, rereading, and rereading again a few more times, I figured it out.  I'm always up for a good challenge.  Needless to say, I'm supposed to make another one.  Hoping I can figure out how to make this in a larger size for me too!  Love the cable look!  Omitted the pom pom on top.

There's still a huge stash of cotton yarns in a storage box in my living room that I need to decide what to do with.

And since we had some dolls given here for Christmas gifts, I found a pattern I fell in love with and had to sew some dresses.  Sadly I misread the pattern and made them out of a heavy knit rather than a light weight one.  I'm glad the pattern worked well otherwise.  I think I see more knit dresses in the future for these beautiful dolls!